AmyIncarnate

Progress: 2 %
Awoken
Serra Elinsen
Progress: 138/324 pages

Goodreads: Where readers and authors battle it out in an online “Lord of the Flies”

Reblogged from I'll think of a damn title later:

[re-blog from Katiebabs Library of Books]

From Salon:

"Authors may secretly dream of banning all negative feedback about their books from sites like Goodreads, but such a site would be of little interest to readers and eventually lose its ability to influence them. Reviewers giving single stars to books they haven’t even read may be striking a blow on behalf of reviewers’ freedom from authorial interference, but they’re not helping readers who don’t plan to review the book, or who couldn’t care less about negative comments from authors or their fans. The Goodreads flame wars represent just one corner of the shifting landscape between authors and readers, a landscape I plan to write more about in the coming weeks, but there could not be a better illustration of that old adage: Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it."

Source: http://www.salon.com/2013/10/09/goodreads_where_readers_and_authors_battle_it_out_in_an_online_lord_of_the_flies