AmyIncarnate

Progress: 2 %
Awoken
Serra Elinsen
Progress: 138/324 pages
Asphodel (The Underworld Trilogy, 1) - Lauren Hammond For more reviews, check out http://vivaladolcevita14.blogspot.com/

This novel was not very good. I thought the premise was interesting, but that's about it. I wasn't really interested in anything, apart from some parts during Persephone's time in the Underworld, and the ending, the very ending. Apart from that, this novel had nothing that drew me in. I just kept turning the page (electronically), waiting for SOMETHING to happen. Sadly, that was not the case.

I thought Persephone was a whiny git. I mean come on, she's supposed to be over 5,000 years old! She just felt like a whiny teenager, and had almost nothing that indicated her age. I know that's not necessarily a bad thing, but honestly, you would never know how old she truly was if she didn't mention it, which it was mentioned constantly. Also her love with Hades felt a bit insta-loveish. Hades had no personality or substance. Come to think of it, none of the characters had substance. I wasn't connected to anyone at all.

The writing was pretty craptacular. It did nothing to draw me in, and the world wasn't fully developed.