AmyIncarnate

Progress: 2 %
Awoken
Serra Elinsen
Progress: 138/324 pages
Destined - Jessie Harrell For more reviews, check out http://vivaladolcevita14.blogspot.com/

This novel wasn't very good. I loved the premise, but mostly because I like the Psyche and Cupid myth. Apart from that, not much was terribly interesting, this was just mostly played out like a soap opera. Also I was perplexed at the characters speaking like modern people. I mean the story took place in ancient Greece, I'm sure the speech patterns were not exactly the same as they are today. I know, that's a small thing to nitpick about, but it really bothered me. If you are going to set your story in a different time, then please at least try to make the speech patterns at least similar to what they were supposed to be.

Psyche was ok. She was your typical spunky, determined heroine whom shocked almost everyone around her with her fiestyness (sp?). I did like her a bit near the end, but that was about it. Come to think of it, all of these characters were pretty stereotypical. There was no true growth, and there was almost no original personality in anyone.

The writing was decent at best. Like I said, I'm really peeved that Ms. Harrell used modern speech patterns with the characters. Admittedly, I did like how she built her world. That was probably the only thing I truly liked about this novel.