AmyIncarnate

Progress: 2 %
Awoken
Serra Elinsen
Progress: 138/324 pages
The Westing Game - Ellen Raskin Oh this book, this book. I found The Westing Game one day when I was younger and my mom and I were in our old local bookstore (shame it's gone, RIP Walden Books/Borders Express). I had no clue what it was, but the plot was intriguing so I asked my mom to buy it for me, as you do when you're younger. I went home and read it. Then I lost the book and forgot about it for a couple of years. Then, by chance I saw the movie version on tv and thought "wow this seems familiar, OH this is based on that book I read years ago!" I then went and dug in my room at home and unearthed my copy. I re-read it and fell in love with it again. It has a unique plot, loosely (very loosely) Clue-esque. A murder mystery that is character driven. It's wonderfully different, and also has a great mystery to contemplate. You look at the relationships within the novel and wonder what it would be like to live in this fictional universe, to know these characters. This a great book to which I highly recommend. :)