AmyIncarnate

Progress: 2 %
Awoken
Serra Elinsen
Progress: 138/324 pages
Uncommon Criminals  - Ally Carter For a more in-depth review, and other reviews, check out http://vivaladolcevita14.blogspot.com/

Holy freaking smokes, Batman! I mean WOW. This book knocked my socks off and flew away with them!

This one just blew me away, showing just how amazing Ally Carter is. I was hooked at the start, not just because I loved Heist Society. I will go as far to say this one is even better than the first. I felt like I was on a roller coaster the entire time I was reading. All the twists were great, the characters kept developing well, and the villain was fantastic. I was on suspense, hoping they would make it the entire time. That is what a good adventure book should do, at least in my opinion.

Kat is still kicking butt and showing the adults that kids can be just as, if more cunning than them. Her conflicted emotions towards Hale almost broke my heart at times, and it was wonderful to see her develop well. Along with these great heists in the series, you watch Kat deal with a personal issue/dilemma that is just as wonderful to read as the heists. Which brings me to Hale. I still love Hale, and am dying to know what the W's stand for just as much as Kat. Although I do admit he was a tad bit moodier in this one, it was for good reason. I'm so glad they resolved their issues at the end. Gabrielle still rocks. I love her sarcasm and wit, but also that she has a vulnerable side, proving she is in fact still a kid. The Bagshaws, ahh I love them. So funny and awesome. All your favorite characters return, with some new ones that are just as great.

I think Carter won me over even more with Uncommon Criminals. She is so talented, the light is blinding! She continues building Kat's world, conceiving the schemes and jobs, while keeping the characters from becoming one dimensional. It's hard to write a great sequel to a great book, but Carter is a master at it, as seen with the Gallagher Girls series, as I've heard.

If you loved Heist Society, you will love this one more