AmyIncarnate

Progress: 2 %
Awoken
Serra Elinsen
Progress: 138/324 pages
Demon High - Lori Devoti For a more in-depth review and more, check out http://vivaladolcevita14.blogspot.com/

This was a decent book. It's not the greatest, nor the worst, although I feel like I'm leaning towards not really liking it.

The story was alright. Being that it was a paranormal, suspension of disbelief is standard, but there also has to be a bit of believability. I didn't connect to this, nor was I sucked it. There were so many times I wanted to skip whole chunks of chapters, but didn't. I couldn't follow at times, and honestly, I just got bored. I've not liked books before, but never have I been bored.

Lucinda was alright. I could feel her conflict about her past and what she was doing with the demons. Other than that, I didn't really like her. I also didn't feel like she fell in love, like the description said. Frankly, I didn't even see that at all, other than occasional moments where Lucinda mentioned having strange feelings. The only character I liked was Brittany, and her banter with Lucinda. Brittany was funny and just so connivingly awesome, she saved this book from utter dislike.