AmyIncarnate

Progress: 2 %
Awoken
Serra Elinsen
Progress: 138/324 pages
Trial by Fire (Raised by Wolves #2) - Jennifer Lynn Barnes For a more in-depth review, check out http://vivaladolcevita14.blogspot.com/

Damn, this was a good follow-up to Raised by Wolves. The stakes were raised, the action was kick-butt, and the character development. This story had a different feel to it, but also still felt like the original.

Bryn got some great development in this book. I loved that she had to make increasingly difficult decisions. She still had the same attitude, just a bit more mature. The other usual cast of characters are back, like Ali, Lake, Chase and Devon. All of them got more development, which is always a good thing. Characters such as the coven just creeped me the hell out. They were just scary, in a pure sense.

Barnes really upped her game with this book. The world was expanded on more, and she still knows how to writea great character. I have nothing but good things to say about her.