AmyIncarnate

Progress: 2 %
Awoken
Serra Elinsen
Progress: 138/324 pages
Second Helpings  - Megan McCafferty For a more in-depth review, check out http://vivaladolcevita14.blogspot.com/

This was a decent second book in the Jessica Darling series. It had great stories in it. I do have some gripes though. The big gripe is how freaking sex obsessed almost all of the characters were. There was one character in Sloppy Firsts who was truly like that, and that was fine considering it was integral to who she was and the story. But in this book, sex obsession overtook almost everything, threatening to overshadow the wonderful moments. I'm not a prude, but for god sakes, don't make sex 80% of the book's plot! X_X

Jessica had some decent development in this book, although she had that damn sex obsession (X_X). She worked out the issues presented in the book with her typical sarcasm, wit, and Jessica-ness. Ok, I have to put this out there: Ms. McCafferty, why did you only put Marcus in the book sporadically until bringing back full force in the end? Marcus is easily one of my favorite characters and sexy as hell. I wish he was in the book more than he was, such a shame. Characters like the Clueless Crew come back, some still a bit one-dimensional with others getting some great development.

Megan, I hope when I erad the third book that it is not like Second Helpings. You are a fantastic author and I would hate to stop reading this series because of continued issues. Here's to hoping!