AmyIncarnate

Progress: 2 %
Awoken
Serra Elinsen
Progress: 138/324 pages
Diamond in the Rough (Hidden Gem, #2) - India Lee For more reviews, check out http://vivaladolcevita14.blogspot.com/

After a great first book, well....................this book was so disappointing. It basically made Gemma into the typical Hollywood Bad Girl, used a love triangle, and just wasn't as good. Ok, so the first book was not Pride and Prejudice, but still. Hidden Gem had a sense of realism and fun to it, with realistic characters. Diamond in the Rough felt like a bad episode of Hannah Montana. The sense of fun and realism just wasn't there. Although I admit the ending was a bit predictable, part of it shocked me a bit. It was a nice twist, and I wonder what Ms. Lee will do with it in the third book. But overall, this book was just meh, not very good.

Gemma, like I said earlier, turned into a Hollywood Bad Girl in this one. Influenced by another Hollywood Bad Girl, plus she doesn't know what to do about Lucas and Tyler. My head hurt reading about the decisions her character made. Honestly. I just could not find anything to like about her in this book. Lucas was still alright, and I felt so bad for him after what Gemma put him through. Then there's Tyler. A Justin Bieber-esque pop star who is still pursuing and sort of dating Gemma. Honestly, I liked him a lot. He was one of the few redeeming qualities. No, he wasn't perfect, but I thought he was sweet. None of the characters in this book, save for Lucas and Tyler had much development in my opinion.

What happened Ms. Lee? You wrote such a good first book. This book was so freaking disappointing. I just hope the third book gets better, although I don't think I'll be buying it.