AmyIncarnate

Progress: 2 %
Awoken
Serra Elinsen
Progress: 138/324 pages
Beautiful Darkness - Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl For more reviews, check out http://vivaladolcevita14.blogspot.com/

Have you seen a trend with my last two reviews? Yup, it's the Meh Sequel trend. Except, this book was fortunately not too meh, or that bad. While I was bored and not enjoying reading BD for some parts, I was mostly interested. Not too terrible, and decent when it hit it out of the park. The last half was straight up wicked. I loved every second of it, and that ending was wonderful, although a bit derivative of the end of Beautiful Creatures.

Ethan was still wonderful. I fell even more for his sweetness and devotion. I still just want to hug him. His journey continued well in this book, and you want him to succeed and help Lena. Speaking of Lena, she took a downward spiral in this book. I felt for her and how she dealt with Macon's death. I lost a loved one not too long ago, one I was incredibly close to. It's hard losing someone you love so much, and regret your last interactions with them. Although I wish she made better decisions and let Ethan comfort her when he offered.

Ms. Garcia and Ms. Stohl kept me interested for the most part. They built up their world well. Their writing is still excellent. Despite being bored during some parts, as I said I was for the most part intrigued and invested in this book. I can't wait for Beautiful Chaos.