AmyIncarnate

Progress: 2 %
Awoken
Serra Elinsen
Progress: 138/324 pages
The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2) - Rachel Caine For more reviews, check out http://vivaladolcevita14.blogspot.com/

My god, this book was fucking wonderful (pardon ze language). I'm sorry for cursing, but I can't help but do so to describe just how much I loved this book, and in essence the series. This book literally picks up where Glass Houses left off, and gets better and better from there. There was a LOT more romance in this book, but it only added, didn't take away from this amazing novel. I loved the twists and turns, and that ending was a major (pardon once again) HOLY SHIT!!!! moment. I mean it, dayum, the ending was fantastic and shocking. The pace was well done, the characters still intact, it was all amazing.

Claire is still fabulous. She goes through struggles with her feelings for Shane, the lengths she goes to in order to save him. She goes through a lot, and comes out better. Plus her relationships with Eve and Michael became stronger. I just love the dynamic between the four. Like I said in my review for Glass Houses, they have such a great relationship, banter, plus you can tell the friends truly care for each other. Eve got some serious growth in this book. You find out more about her history, and the dark shadow that stained it. You sympathize more with her, and just want her to be happy. Onto Michael, dayum. He also got some great development. Like Eve, you learn more about him and his family history. You also sympathize with him since he can't leave the house, therefore unable to help Claire with her efforts. What happens to him in the end it literally shocking. I actually gasped and yelled out "NO! NO REALLY?!?!?". Then there's Shane. Oh boy, he got the most development of all, since he is central to the plot. I feel so sad for him and what happened to him and his family. I just wanted to run to him and give him a hug. I also love how his relationship with Claire develops. They struggle with their feelings since Claire is underage, and therefore it's weird for them to be together, despite the fact that they're in love. Plus their banter is excellent. :) Then there's Sam. Oh Sam, you have become one of my absolute favorites in this series. He is truly wonderful, and I also wanted to hug him. Plus he has this one part near the end of the book that I just loved, even fist pumped and yelled out "YES! EFFING YES!!" I so hope Ms. Caine has added more Sam in the next book. Characters like Amelie still creep me out, but continue to be well developed and awesome. PS Shane's Dad scares the hell out of me *shivers*

Holy Sheeeet Ms. Caine, you write an excellent vampire novel. I don't know if I said this in my review of GH, but I love the concept of vampires being a kind of mafia, running Morganville how they do, treating the humans how they do. I don't know if the metaphor was intentional, but it's definitely interesting and thought-provoking. Ms. Caine continues to build up this world well, adding characters like Sam (swoon) and bringing the epicausity. I can officially say this is an all time favorite series and I can not WAIT to read Midnight Alley.