AmyIncarnate

Progress: 2 %
Awoken
Serra Elinsen
Progress: 138/324 pages
Article 5 - Kristen Simmons For more reviews, check out http://vivaladolcevita14.blogspot.com/

I gotta be honest, I almost gave up on this novel. For the first half, I just wasn't interested. Then I decided to not give up, and Article 5 turned out pretty decent. I found the concept incredibly scary, as well as interesting as a dystopia. I can't explain why, but that first half just threw me off, and I was utterly bored. Thankfully, the second half picked up, and I was completely hooked. The pace picked up, the romance developed more, it was all so freaking good. Definitely made me want to continue this series.

Ember was awesome. I loved how she went from subtly subverting the new regime to outright fighting back, it was glorious. I rooted for her the whole time, wanting to succeed. Her growth was perfect for this novel. Chase............I don't know how to feel about him. For a good chunk of the novel, despite his intentions/actions, was a huge asshole. I'm sorry, but he was. he got better during the second half, and grew on me. I will make my final ruling on him when I read the second book. Characters like Sean made the novel better, and I loved the wide cast of different but vibrant side characters.

Ms. Simmons' style is touch and go for me. Like I said, I hated the first half of the novel, so there's the touch and go part. I did like how she built her world, it was extremely interesting and frightening. I just hope she explains more on why the War occurred and why the country ended up the way it did.