AmyIncarnate

Progress: 2 %
Awoken
Serra Elinsen
Progress: 138/324 pages
The Daughters - Joanna Philbin For more reviews, check out http://vivaladolcevita14.blogspot.com/

This book was pretty damn decent. Not without its problems, I really liked this book. Although like Ten Miles Past Normal, I felt everything happened too quickly. From Lizzie's burgeoning career, to her love story, etc, everything felt too f()()king short. I wish everything was more fleshed out.

Lizzie was alright. I feel like she had major mood swings and made poor choices/bad assumptions, but overall I kind of liked her. I know what it's like to not feel pretty, and it definitely feels like that, so that was definitely a realistic characteristic. Hudson and Carina were also great characters, although I thought they were a bit too pushy/forceful with Lizzie and her career. On top of that, they made the same bad assumptions Lizzie made, and simply agreed with her instead of trying to be reasonable and see things from other perspectives. Other characters felt a bit too over-exaggerated.

Ms. Philbin's style was fine. Since she herself is a daughter of a famous celebrity (Regis Philbin is her father), I feel like she got that aspect right. However, I feel she tried too hard to write from a teenager's perspective. I could see where Ms. Philbin was straining to come up with things teenagers would say, and that downgraded this book a lot. I don't know whether or not I'll read the next book, so stay tuned to find out.