AmyIncarnate

Progress: 2 %
Awoken
Serra Elinsen
Progress: 138/324 pages
Shatter Me - Tahereh Mafi For a more in-depth review and more, check out http://vivaladolcevita14.blogspot.com/

Oh. Holy. Shit (pardon the language). What the hell did I just read? I mean that in the best sense possible. .....There are no words in me to truly describe just exactly how amazing, brilliant and wonderful this book is. This silly grin refuses to leave my face, not that I want it to :).

Ok, so brief story time: I was given/sent an ARC of this by a good friend of mine. The day it came in the mail, I took it out of the envelope, and literally squealed and jumped around my bedroom for a good 2 minutes. Actually, I feel like doing that now too. But anyway. So thank you David, thank you so much :).

This is without a doubt one of the best books I've ever read. I know I've said that a couple of time and I've meant it, but I mean it with this book as well. The whole time my eyes looked like this: O.O and I was in heaven. The story is beyond addictive. You will not want to stop reading this for a second. I started this yesterday only pausing for class and meals, and finished it tonight. I love how this book just is. Yes it's dystopian, but the concept is so unique and incredible. It's fast paced, chock full of action and romance, there is nothing like Shatter Me out there. It has everything needed to keep you reading and addicted.

Juliette was wonderful. I was rooting for her so hard. I connected to her, she was not one note, very real and complex. You read her journey from how she started as broken and self-hating, to being a strong and self-accepting kick-butt heroine. Then there's Adam. Oh god, he is so freaking sexy. He's so sweet and kind, I wish I had an Adam so bad. Kenji was pretty cool as a character, although I found him a bit annoying. Warner, oh god. Frankly he scared the sh*t out of me. His coldness and just how thoroughly evil he is. I literally felt shivers creeping up and down my spine whenever he appeared. The other characters were so well developed, even in the brief times they all appeared.

I just have to say how damned gorgeous Tahereh's prose is. Lush in the best way, she knows how to craft a brilliant story. Her world building is just plain good, no plot holes or continuity errors at all. She hooks you in from page one. Plus I've talked to her briefly, and she also one of the nicest people I've spoken with. Tahereh, if you read this, I wholeheartedly thank you so much (I know I've thanked you a lot lol xD) for giving us all such a deeply amazing and wonderful story. You are probably one of the best authors out there, and I can't wait to read the next book in the trilogy.

Everyone needs to read this book, EVERYONE!!! Man oh man it's so freaking good.