AmyIncarnate

Progress: 2 %
Awoken
Serra Elinsen
Progress: 138/324 pages
Struck (Struck, #1) - Jennifer Bosworth For more reviews, check out http://vivaladolcevita14.blogspot.com/

Holy crap, this book is amazing! I can't believe how good it is. I mean I fell in love when I first saw the premise, but oh my god, this book is fantastical in the highest degree! Pure action and romance and just oh my... This story was just so freaking good I can't even. To be honest though, the religion aspect played a bigger role than I expected, but it worked, and it didn't really bother me too much. I loved this story, Mia's journey from the beginning to end had me hooked instantly. I loved the idea of people with Spark, the two warring groups fascinated me, especially the Seekers. Mia's dramas fueled the story and kept me interested. Also there was a twist that I guessed about, but I was still shocked with it nonetheless. I mean this book is GOOD. If you are bothered by lots of religion mentions, this book might not be for you.

Mia was an EXCELLENT character. I could feel how damaged she was, how broken she was. I felt so much for her. I just wanted her to be happy, and cheered for her and Jeremy. Her character, with the lightning addiction and her family issues, all culminated into excellent development. Plus she had some excellent lines :) Now about Jeremy. A good chunk of the time he bothered me with his stalker behavior, but in the end he won me over with how much he cared about Mia, and his sweetness once the stalkerness melted away. I felt for him as well, his pain and his issues. They made him flawed and sexy. I also liked Katrina, despite all of her flaws. She was interesting and funny, also determined and kickass. Others like Mr. Kale, Mia's brother, and every side character had something interesting about them, a hidden history discovered while reading. But the villain, Prophet, scared the shit out of me. I mean holy crap, he literally sent chills down my spine, that's how scary he is. O.O

Kudos to Ms. Bosworth, she wrote an amazing book. Her writing style kept me hooked and yelling on this wild ride. She build up her world so well, created such interesting characters with great dialogue. I can't even describe how fantastic she is. Ms. Bosworth, you have my respect :) Can't wait for book two :)