AmyIncarnate

Progress: 2 %
Awoken
Serra Elinsen
Progress: 138/324 pages
Die for Me  - Amy Plum For a more in-depth review and more, check out http://vivaladolcevita14.blogspot.com/

Holy crap, I utterly was blown away with this book! It has quickly become one of my all time favorites. I mean that. It has easily made my top 10, easily. Easily.

The story is brilliant. It's original, it's engaging, it grabs onto you and your emotions and never lets go. Basically it's everything a great story should be. I was hooked instantly. It flowed so well, and the concept of Revnants are so unique and original to YA. Which is a nice change from the usual faeries, vampires, werewolves, angels, etc. I wanted to get lost in the story of these people who have to keep dying over and over again. Ok, the romance was a bit rushed, but it wasn't rushed over a week, and neither was the story.

Kate rocked. I loved her character. She feels like she could be one of my best friends in real life. Plus, as a book reviewer I follow pointed out, she actually reads. There seems to be a trope that this reviewer pointed out in her review of this book. Heroines in YA these days seem to be massive bookworms. The authors of YA let the readers know that their main character loves to read, and always, at one point mentions a stack of books somewhere, connected to the character. I never noticed this until she pointed it out, but it's true. Think about it. Started with Twilight, and has been kept alive ever since. But as my fellow reviewer will agree, it's nice to see this main character actually reading, and keep up her massive reading habit. Vincent was amazing. So hot and sexy, I want a Vincent! Sorry Kate, but he's mine. All the side characters were great too. Well developed, and not shoved onto the sidelines.

I adore Ms. Plum's writing style. Worship it even. Her descriptions were so beautiful, I cried at times, especially when she described Paris. I don't think this book could have taken place anywhere else. Her twists rocked, and she knows how to build her world and her characters.

Ok, I'll go this far: You'd be insane not to pick this book up. It is in my opinion one of the best books of this year.