AmyIncarnate

Progress: 2 %
Awoken
Serra Elinsen
Progress: 138/324 pages
Five Flavors of Dumb - Antony John For a more in-depth review and more, check out http://vivaladolcevita14.blogspot.com/

Oh holy cheese, this book is the BOMB!!!! I mean that. This book blew me away with it's amazingness of amazing. If you haven't picked this up, DO IT NOW! Sorry, but I am officially in love with this book. I want to take it out on a date. Just kidding xD. But I really have a boundless love for FFOD.

This story is just, I can't explain. It makes you want to be right there with Piper, the band, the world of Five Flavors. You're taken on an emotional roller coaster of the highest degree. You go from happy to sad, angry to "aww". I was so mad at some of the characters and events that I wanted to scream in anger, but I couldn't. You fall head over Chuck Taylors in love with this book, never wanting to leave it for a second. I was overcome with sadness when I came to the last page. I will definitely be re-reading this book for sure.

Piper is an excellent heroine. Yes, she is deaf. No, it doesn't consume her, or her life. I know, I know, half of the female leads in books I've read could be my potential best friends, but I'm adding Piper to that list. She is kick butt, strong and tough, sarcastic and witty, vulnerable and shy. In other words, real. I was rooting for her from page one. I also envy her relationship with her brother Finn. Yes they fought, but they also had an extremely close relationship. Finn is also a great character on his own. He has a great personality, but you also become attached to him because you feel for him. You feel for Kallie and Tash, two members of Dumb. You judge them at first by how you see them, but as the story goes on, you learn so much more. They're not just stereotypes. I wanted to strangle Josh. He is such an asshat, honestly. I don't think I've hated a fictional high school boy more. Oh holy mod, I hated his guts. Ed was his complete opposite, sweet and kind, loyal and smart. I loved him instantly. His relationship with Piper was so beautiful, that when you see how it comes to fruition, you tear up. It also doesn't suddenly take precedence over the story, which is great.

Anyone will love and adore this book, it is a bloody masterpiece of literature, especially contemporary YA fiction.