AmyIncarnate

Progress: 2 %
Awoken
Serra Elinsen
Progress: 138/324 pages
Sloppy Firsts  - Megan McCafferty For a more in-depth review, and other reviews, check out http://vivaladolcevita14.blogspot.com/

Holy crapsicles, I love this book :). I've read Bumped by Megan McCafferty, so I liked her writing already. But MAN, the woman is a boss at writing! I think this was her debut novel, and I can see why it catapulted her to near the top of the literary food chain. This is such a well written, touching, funny and heartbreaking book, you can't help but be addicted from page one. The story flows well, with vignettes from Jess' life that when threaded together, make one cohesive story.

I love Jessica. I've said this before, but I wish she were real, so we could be best friends. We are so damned alike it's not even funny. Her voice is distinct and real. You feel like you've stumbled into her room and read her diary from the year that this book takes place. Marcus Flutie, oh man. I didn't like him at first, but over time, whew! Officially Team Flutie over here!

I love that this is written is diary format, with a monthly letter to Hope. It's reading the vignettes, and getting the recap at the end. You become attached to the characters, rooting for them. Plus I identify so much with Jessica's ideals, and the ones she formulates in the diary while she's extremely pensive.

I recommend this to anyone, it is fantastic.