AmyIncarnate

Progress: 2 %
Awoken
Serra Elinsen
Progress: 138/324 pages
Epic Fail - Claire LaZebnik For a more in-depth review, and other reviews, check out http://vivaladolcevita14.blogspot.com/

This book was fantastic! A great contemporary novel, as well as a fine adaptation of Pride and Prejudice. I heard about this, as I do many books, through this site and the blogosphere. One of the things I heard was it was a loose adaptation of Pride and Prejudice. Now, I haven't ever read P&P *avoids angry mob*, but I do know of the general story. With that said, I think this was a decent modern adaptation. The author had the general outline of P&P down-pat, as well as the core/heart of the original characters.

P&P adaptation aside, this was a great contemporary romance. It was funny, heartbreaking, heartwarming, all the good stuff that hooks you in, ingraining you. I loved reading each and every minute, gasping at certain moments (especially near the end).

I loved Elise and Derek. They're chemistry was palpable. I kept hoping for all hope they would get together. They're a couple you root for, and have become one of my favorite romantic pairs.

If you love Pride and Prejudice, and contemporary romance, you'll love this.