AmyIncarnate

Progress: 2 %
Awoken
Serra Elinsen
Progress: 138/324 pages
Glass Houses  - Rachel Caine For an in-depth review and more, check out http://vivaladolcevita14.blogspot.com/

Holy crap!!!!! This book is fangtastic! (pun intended ^^) After hearing so many positive reviews of this book and the series as a whole, I knew I had to read Glass Houses. Boy, good thing too! I love the idea of the vampires acting as a sort of mob, running the town as they do. It's such a fresh take on vampirism.

This book is so quick and fast paced, you don't miss a second of the action. You ride the emotional roller coaster with the protagonist, loving every minute. You go on this crazy ride, not wanting for a second to stop reading. I felt so sad after reading and almost bought the second book right after.

Claire was a great character. She goes from weak to strong in such a great way. You love following her as a protagonist. But the characters that really stood out to me were her roommates Eve, Michael and Shane. I loved their dynamic as a group, even more when Claire came into the mix. They were just so great, and I wish that they were real so I could live with them. They felt like a makeshift family, loving and hating each other like family do. Monica scared the living sh()t out of me. Holy crap, I almost had an accident every time she was around. She is possibly the scariest character I've ever read. And after Warner from Shatter Me, that's saying something. *shivers*

I so can't wait to read the second book.